Nicole, a registered nurse, uses her advanced knowledge and skills to support Harry S. Cohen and Associates in screening and prosecuting medical malpractice, wrongful death, and birth injury claims. She also locates and vets expert witnesses for the firm. Prior to becoming a nurse, Nicole gained experience as a private investigator, then worked with Children Services investigating claims of the physical and sexual abuse, neglect, and emotional maltreatment of children.
Nicole graduated in 2000 with a bachelor’s degree in political science from the University of Pittsburgh. She went on to attend nursing school at Mercy Hospital School of Nursing, obtained her Bachelor of Science in nursing from Slippery Rock University, and finally her Master of Science in nursing with a focus on forensic nursing from Duquesne University in 2019. During her nursing career she has worked in multiple intensive care settings including level 1 trauma, medical-surgical, neurology and neurosurgery and cardiac critical care. She taught clinical skills to undergraduate nursing students at Duquesne University in the critical care setting and began her own legal nurse consulting business.
Nicole is a member of the International Association of Forensic Nurses and an associate member of the American Society of Law, Medicine, the American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants and Sigma Theta Tau International.
When Nicole is not working, she enjoys spending time and traveling with her three daughters.
- University of Pittsburgh (B.S. in Political Science, 2000)
- Mercy Hospital School of Nursing
- Slippery Rock University (B.S. in Nursing)
- Duquesne University (M.A. in Nursing, Focus on Forensic Nursing, 2019)
- International Association of Forensic Nurses
- American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants
- American Society for Law, Medicine & Ethics (ASLME)
- Sigma Theta Tau International
- Tel: (412) 281-3000
- Fax: (412) 232-6688